Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Update on photosharing programs

Well, last year, I posted an entry on photo sharing programs and their pros and cons. Since then, there have been some changes, so this is just an update from the last blog.

Flickr:

nothing further to add



Photobucket:


nothing further to add


Ringo:

Because of competition with other photo sharing sites, particularly Flickr, Ringo.com closed their doors around May of 2008. It really didn't bother me b/c I actually forgot I even had photos on the site.



Kodak Gallery:


The only update I have for Kodak is they made a new rule basically. Anyone can set up an account with them, but in order to keep your account, you must purchase something from them at least once a year (I think it's a year, may be a quarter). I've closed my account there. It would be good for anyone who actually plans to make purchases through the site though. They have some great things to get and I considered making a few purchases through the site, just never did.


Yahoo! Photos:

This one was probably my favorite, but it closed!!!! Boo on yahoo for that!

No comments: